People visit Thailand to enjoy the amazing beaches, go hiking, go island hopping, and more. As well as visiting Thailand’s islands and beaches, people also want to relax and party on the islands and in the cities. It is no secret that some of Thailand’s islands have some of the best parties all year round. In particular, there is the famous full moon party, so when is the full moon party In Thailand?
The full moon party is held on the island of Ko Pha Ngan in Thailand every month throughout the year. The exact dates vary from month to month as it is held on every full moon. And if the full moon is held on the same day as a Buddhist holiday, then the full moon party will be postponed by a couple of days.
In this post, we will go through when is the full moon party in Thailand. So let’s get started!
Read More On Thailand
- How Can I Avoid ATM Fees in Thailand?
- How Much Does A Beer Cost in Thailand?
- Can You Drink The Water in Thailand?
- What Are The Best Party Islands in Thailand?
- Is Grab Expensive in Phuket Thailand?
- When Is The Lantern Festival In Thailand?
- Should I Exchange Money Before I Travel To Thailand?
- How To Read Thai Street Addresses?
When Is The Full Moon Party In Thailand?
The full moon party is held every month throughout the year. It is held on the day of the full moon day of each month hence the name full moon party. This might change if the day of the full moon clashes with a Buddhist holiday.
On Buddhist holidays the consumption and sale of alcohol are banned so the full moon party is postponed by a couple of days.
You will need to go to the official website to find the exact date and for any extra information.
Is Full Moon Party In Thailand Worth It?
The full moon party is not really worth it. It has become a bit of a money racket with its accommodation becoming very expensive when the party is held and the drinks are pricey as well as Haad Rin beach turning into a toilet.
If you are in your 20s looking to party then the full moon party is worth a try but stay away from the recreational drugs being offered as the dealer are sometimes working with the police.
What Do You Wear To The Full Moon Party In Thailand?
There is no dress code for the full moon party. You do need to wear something that is comfortable and clothes you do not mind if they get destroyed or lost.
At the party itself, you will see people wearing brightly colored t-shirts and shorts covered with bright face paint. As well as girls wearing mini-skirts and bikinis.
One thing you should wear is good quality footwear as wearing sandals or flip-flops can easily get lost. And you do not know what you would walk on the beach like broken glass or any sharp objects.
Tips To Stay Out Of Trouble When Partying In Thailand
Everyone wants to have fun going on their holidays and go out partying but you need to use your common sense. Here are our top tips to still be safe when partying in Thailand.
- Still away from drugs in Thailand. Thailand has a strict policy with serve penalties, which include the death penalty. If someone offers you drugs, there is a fair chance that they are working with the police.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Pickpockets are not a big problem but they are there. Make their jobs as hard as possible, like using your front pockets and having a zip on your bag and shorts.
- Don’t get into a fight with locals, you will lose.
- Bring a copy of your passport and leave the original locked in your hotel safe.
- Don’t accept food or drinks from total strangers.
- Wear runners or shoes when out partying to protect your feet from broken glass.
Finally, the full moon party is held on the island of Ko Pha Ngan in Thailand every month throughout the year. The exact dates vary from month to month as it is held on every full moon. And if the full moon is held on the same day as a Buddhist holiday, then the full moon party will be postponed by a couple of days.
And that’s it for now! I’d love to know if this guide on when is the full moon party in Thailand has helped you. Let me know if you have any questions and let me know if there is more to add.