People visit Thailand to enjoy the amazing beaches, go hiking and go island hopping. As well as visiting Thailand’s islands and beaches, people also want to relax and party on the islands. It is no secret that some of Thailand’s islands have some of the best parties all year round.
And one of those islands is home to the famous full moon party as well as beach bars and clubs. Of course, those who want to enjoy peaceful beaches won’t be disappointed. But the fact is that many people travel to Thailand to have fun and party.
In this post, we will go through which are the best party islands in Thailand. Let’s get started!
Read more on Thailand
- How Can I Avoid ATM Fees In Thailand?
- How Much Does A Beer Cost In Thailand?
- Things To Do In Ranong Thailand
- Does It Snow In Thailand?
- Can You Drink The Water In Thailand?
- How Bad Are Mosquitoes In Thailand?
- Is Grab Expensive in Phuket Thailand?
- How To Get To Pattaya From Bangkok Thailand?
What Are The Best Party Islands In Thailand?
I have carefully selected what I considered the best party islands for those planning a trip to Thailand and looking to party. The list is as follows.
- Koh Phangan.
- Koh Phi Phi.
- Koh Samui.
- And Koh Chang.
Koh Phangan is top of the list as the main party island in Thailand because it is home to the full moon party that is held every month. Plus, there are other parties like the half-moon party, the jungle party, and more held every month.
The full moon party is hosted on Haad Rin beach and it is like a huge music festival party on the beach. There is plenty of bars, fire displays, and juggers to keep you entertained.
As well as all types of music and dance floors from trance, techno, drum, and bass.
The estimated attendance to the full moon party in the low season is well over 10,000 people and over 30,000 in the high season. There is a small entrance fee of 100 baht.
Other than partying Koh Phangan has some amazing beaches and places to explore. I won’t advise going for a swim on Haad Rin beach after the party as it is used as a toilet during the party.
Phuket has been a party island for years. With the airport, making it very accessible. Patong beach in particular Banga road is the main party area in Phuket with nightclubs, bars, and more.
If looking for something not as wild as Banga road then Kata beach has a good range bars and clubs to party in.
Phuket has a lot more to offer than partying with some amazing beaches, diving, surfing, hiking, gun range, and more.
Koh Phi Phi
This island became famous for being so close to Maya bay where the film called ‘The Beach’ with Leonardo DiCaprio was made. The island of Koh Phi Phi is surrounded by blue-green waters and white sand beaches but also the island has a crazy nightlife.
The parties on Koh Phi Phi are on the beaches and are easily found with loud music and flashing lights. It was a laid-back atmosphere with fire dancing and plenty of beach bars.
The island prides itself on having amazing dive sites and amazing viewpoints. Well worth doing.
Koh Samui is only a short trip from Koh Phangan. The island’s nightlife is mainly in and around Chaweng beach. Chaweng Beach is located in the east part of Koh Samui.
Ark Bar has been the main place to start partying with fire displays and dancing on the beach. It closes around 2 am. There are other places open till sunrise with Green Mango open till 4 am. With other small bars in the area open till sunrise.
Other than partying on Koh Samui has some amazing beaches, hiking, rent a moped and more.
Unlike the other islands, Koh Chang is not as wild as the other islands. This island is growing in popularity over a few years. Luckily at present, it has avoided being overcrowded.
The party areas on Koh Chang are on the beaches on the island. These beaches are White Sand Beach, Kai Bae, and Lonely Beach, which all have plenty of beach bars that are open till the early hours.
Other Popular Islands
These islands are worth a mention as there is a good nightlife but you would not go there to party.
- Koh Tao– This is not really a party island but has the famous Koh Tao pub crawl which is fun. You can read more on the Koh Tao pub crawl here.
- Loh Lipe – This is not a party island. The island is busy for 3/4 months of the year and is expensive compared to other islands. Great for a few drinks but that’s it.
- Koh Lanta – This is not a party island. Great island to visit but definitely to not party.
- Koh Samet – Been so close to Pattaya, it is starting to develop a good nightlife but would not consider it a party island, at present.
Tips To Stay Out of Trouble When Partying In Thailand
Everyone wants to have fun went on their holidays and out partying but you need to use your common sense. Here are our top tips to still safe went partying.
- Still away from drugs in Thailand. Thailand has a strict policy with serve penalties, which include the death penalty. If someone offers you drugs, there is a fair chance that they are working with the police.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Pickpockets are not a big problem but they are there. Make their jobs as hard as possible, like use your front pockets and have a zip on your bag and shorts.
- Don’t get into a fight with locals, you will lose.
- Bring a copy of your passport and leave the original locked in your hotel safe.
- Don’t accept food or drinks from total strangers.
- Wear runners or shoes when out partying to protect your feet from broken glass.
Finally, now you know the best islands to party on in Thailand. Remember partying on the beach is always fun but use your common sense and remember you are in an Asian country. Enjoy the night.
And that’s it for now! I’d love it if this post on the best party islands in Thailand was helpful to you. Let me know if you have any questions and let me know if there are any other islands that I might have missed.