The question of what type of travel adaptor should you bring to Vietnam is a commonly asked question. There is nothing worse than needing to charge your phone or needing to use your laptop and have no way to plug it into the wall because you do not have the right travel adaptor. What travel adaptor do you need for Vietnam?
Vietnam uses 3 types of power outlets for plugs which are type A, C, and F. The A-type plug has two flat parallel pins. While type C plug has two round pins, and plug type F has two round pins with two earth clips on the side. Vietnam uses a 220V supply voltage and 50Hz.
In this post, we will go through what adaptor do I need for Vietnam. So let’s get started!
Learn More On Vietnam
- Which City Has Best Nightlife in Vietnam?
- How Much Does Beer Cost in Vietnam?
- Can You Drink Tap Water in Vietnam?
- Does It Snow In Vietnam?
- Reasons Not To Go To Vietnam
- Where To See Rice Fields In Vietnam?
- Hanoi Or Ho Chi Minh City, Which Is Better To Visit?
What Adaptor Do I Need For Vietnam?
Vietnam uses 3 types of power outlets which are types A, C, and F. The A-type plug has two flat parallel pins. While type C plug has two round pins, and plug type F has two round pins with two earth clips on the side. Vietnam operates on a 220V supply voltage and 50Hz.
Is Vietnam Plug Same As Europe?
Europe generally uses the plug adaptor type C, which is the plug that has two round pins. While the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, and Malta use the plug adaptor type G which is the plug that has three rectangular blades in a triangular pattern.
What To Look For In An International Travel Adapter?
For most travelers, there will need an adapter that works in multiple countries. The universal plugs can be heavy and big in size comparing it with a single plug adapter. The travel adapters generally do not convert voltage as some country’s voltage power supply is 220 to 240 volts and others are 110 volts. Generally, modern phones and laptops are able to handle the different voltages.
There are a number of features and benefits you should be on the lookout for when looking to buy a travel adapter. These are as follows.
- USB charging.
- USB-C ports.
- Multiple voltage ratings.
- Quick charge capabilities.
- USB Power Delivery – is a single charging standard that can be used all across USB devices.
There are other factors to consider when buying to a travel adapter. These are as follows.
- First, you need to buy the travel adapter before going to Vietnam. Airports are well known for overcharging for travel adapters and it can be hard to find one in Vietnam and the quality in Vietnam is poor. It is better to buy from Amazon online or a trusted hardware store.
- You can save money by getting a universal travel adapter especially if you are traveling to multiple countries.
- You do not need a large or heavy adapter especially if you travel to only a select few countries. The aim is to travel light.
Are Universal Travel Adapters Safe?
Universal travel adapters are safe if bought from a trusted hardware store or online store. If you buy a travel adapter in Vietnam the quality is poor and can be unsafe to use. Anyone that is in possession of poor quality adaptors should destroy and dispose of them.
Do Travel Adapters Change Voltage?
Travel adapters do not convert the voltage or the frequency. They rely mostly on the fact that most devices are multi-voltage, but some are not in particular older devices, and those that have heating elements.
Finally, Vietnam uses 3 types of power outlets which are types A, C, and F. The A-type plug has two flat parallel pins, while type C plug has two round pins, and plug type F has two round pins with two earth clips on the side. Vietnam operates on a 220V supply voltage and 50Hz.
And that’s it for now! I’d love to know if this guide on what adaptor you need for Vietnam has helped you. Let me know if you have any questions and let me know if there is more to add.