Thailand is famous for its amazing beaches, nightlife, island hopping, and so on. As well as visiting Thailand’s islands and beaches, people also want to relax and party on the islands. Some of Thailand’s islands in particular Koh Phangan have a reputation for being an all-year-round party island. So, is Koh Phangan a party island?
Simply yes, Koh Phangan is well known as a party island in Thailand. For starters, the famous full moon party is held on the island of Ko Pha Ngan in Thailand every month throughout the year. Along with that, there is the half-moon party, jungle party and there is more. Particularly in the high season, it gets very busy with parties all over the island.
In this post, we will go through whether Koh Phangan is a party island. Let’s get started!
Read more on Thailand
- Are Steroids Legal In Thailand?
- Can You Drink The Water In Thailand?
- Is Pepper Spray Illegal In Thailand?
- How Bad Are Mosquitoes In Thailand?
- Can You Take Viagra To Thailand?
- When Is Tsunami Season In Thailand?
Is Koh Phangan A Party Island?
The simple answer is yes Koh Phangan is a party island. Koh Phangan is home to the famous full moon party that is held on the island every month when there is a full moon. Along with the full moon party, other parties are now held regularly on the island such as the half-moon party, jungle party, beach parties, and there is more.
The parties on Koh Phangan parties have DJs that can be either local or international or both, at these venues across the island. At these parties, there are plenty of bars, fire displays, juggers, and more to keep you entertained.
These parties get very busy during the high season which is between December to April.
When Is The Best Time To Party In Koh Phangan?
Koh Phangan is crazy busy during the high season, between December and early April. Where October and November are the quietest months to visit Koh Phangan.
June to August is busy but at a nice level of busy.
Is It Worth Going To Koh Phangan?
It very much depends. Koh Phangan is an all-year-round party island and if you are young and want to party then it is very much worth visiting. While Koh Phangan has nice beaches and good accommodations available it could be hard to find somewhere to quiet and relax. So if that is what you are looking for it may not be worth a visit.
How Much Does Beer Cost In Koh Phangan?
Must if not all Thai beers be available in both bottles and cans. There are 2 main bottle sizes with the large bottle being 640 ml and the small being 320 ml. The costs of local beer in Thailand can range from 80 baht to 160 baht.
Tips To Stay Out of Trouble When Partying In Thailand
Everyone wants to have fun going on their holidays and out partying but you need to use your common sense. Here are our top tips to be safe when partying.
- Still away from drugs in Thailand. Thailand has a strict policy with severe penalties, which include the death penalty. If someone offers you drugs, there is a fair chance that they are working with the police.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Pickpockets are not a big problem but they are there. Make their jobs as hard as possible, like using your front pockets and having a zip on your bag and shorts.
- Don’t get into a fight with locals, you will lose.
- Bring a copy of your passport and leave the original locked in your hotel safe.
- Don’t accept food or drinks from total strangers.
- Wear runners or shoes when out partying to protect your feet from broken glass.
Finally, Koh Phangan is well known as a party island in Thailand. For starters, the famous full moon party is held on the island of Ko Pha Ngan in Thailand every month throughout the year. Along with that, there is the half-moon party, jungle party and there is more. Particularly in the high season, it gets very busy with parties all over the island.
And that’s it for now! I’d love it if this post on whether Koh Phangan is a party island was helpful to you. Let me know if you have any questions and let me know if there are any other islands that I might have missed.