Bali is a popular island for tourists for a variety of reasons such as the beaches around the island, temples, nightlife, and so on. One thing that is important is to protect your skin while in Bali especially if you come from a colder country, there is nothing worse than getting sunburnt. Making using sunscreen very important, so is sunscreen expensive in Bali?
Yes, sunscreen is expensive in Bali. There is a number of reasons for this such as sunscreen having to be imported, and there being no real demand for sunscreen by the local Balinese. If you are from a colder country or have fair skin you should buy sunscreen in your home country before going to Bali. In case you get sunburnt, you will need to apply moisturizer to the burn and cover up the burn when outdoors.
In this post, we will go through whether sunscreen is expensive in Bali. Let’s get started!
Learn More About Bali
- How Much Does Beer Cost In Bali?
- Should I Exchange Money Before I Travel To Bali?
- Can You Drink Tap Water In Bali?
- Do They Speak English In Bali?
- Are There Snakes In Bali?
Is Sunscreen Expensive In Bali?
Yes, sunscreen is expensive in Bali. There is a number of reasons for this, these are as follows.
- Firstly, there is no real demand for sunscreen by the local Balinese.
- And the sunscreen is imported, which increases the cost considerably.
Remember if you are from a colder country or have fair skin, it is cheaper to buy suncream in your home country along with buying moisturizer for sunburns.
Do You Need Sunscreen In Bali?
Yes, Bali can get very hot and if you have white or fair skin you will need a high sun protection factor. Also, you will need to re-apply regularly as it is humid as well. Even when it’s not sunny in Bali, you still should wear sunscreen.
Can You Bring Sunscreen To Bali?
Yes, you can bring sunscreen to Bali. In fact, sunscreen in Bali is way more expensive than in your home country. So it is cheaper to buy in your country and bring it to Bali.
Do You Get Tanned In Bali?
Yes, you can get a tan in Bali. But you will need to manage the SPF level. Obviously, the higher the SPF the less likely you will get a tan.
Do Sunburns Turn Into Tans?
There is no guarantee that your sunburn will turn into a tan, especially if you have fair skin. Either way, you should avoid getting sunburnt as this can lead to more serious diseases like skin cancer.
What To Do If You Get Sunburned?
In the unfortunate event that you get sunburnt, there is a number of tips that can help to reduce the effects. These are as follows.
- You need to cool down your skin, so you need to frequently take short cool showers. Not only will this cool down your skin but it will help with the pain.
- Use a moisturizer while your skin is wet or damp as this with help to seal in the moisture.
- You need to keep yourself hydrated, so you need to drink more water than normal. As sunburn can draw water from the rest of your body.
- If your skin blisters, don’t touch the blisters even if you want to. This can make things worse and could lead to an infection. Blistering skin can mean you have a second-degree sunburn.
- You need to protect the skin that is sunburned. This means keeping it away from the sun when outdoors. So you need to cover it when outdoors.
- You need to know when to see a doctor. This is if the blisters are bad, in a lot of pain, or the sunburn covers a large area.
Finally, sunscreen is expensive in Bali. There is a number of reasons for this such as sunscreen having to be imported, and there is no real demand for suncream by the local Balinese. If you are from a colder country or have fair skin you should buy sunscreen in your home country before going to Bali. In case you get sunburnt, you will need to apply moisturizer to the burn and cover up the burn when outdoors.
And that’s it for now! I’d love to know if this guide on whether sunscreen is expensive in Bali has helped you. Let me know if you have any questions and let me know if there is more to add.