Thailand is famous for the beautiful beaches and islands with so many to choose from. One of those islands in Thailand is Koh Tao. Koh Tao has beautiful beaches, good nightlife and a great place to learn to dive.
If you are planning to visit the small island of Koh Tao and are now wondering how to get to Koh Tao?
Read more on Thailand
- How Can I Avoid ATM Fees in Thailand?
- How Much Does A Beer Cost in Thailand?
- What Does A Tourist Sim Card in Thailand?
- How Bad Are Mosquitoes in Thailand?
- Koh Lanta or Koh Tao in Thailand, Which Island To Choose?
- Quick Information On Thailand
- Where is Koh Tao Thailand?
- Best Time To Travel To Koh Tao
- Travel Times Can Vary To Koh Tao
- Does Koh Tao Have An Airport?
- How To Get To Koh Tao From Bangkok?
- How To Get To Koh Tao From Koh Samui?
- How To Get To Koh Tao From Phuket
- How To Get To Koh Tao From Krabi
- Amazing Things To Do in Koh Tao
- Wrapping Up
Once you are in either Surat Thani, Koh Samui or Koh Phangan, it is quite easy to get to Koh Tao by boat.
Quick Information On Thailand
- Currency: Thai Baht
- Language: Thai
- Population: Over 68 million
- Capital City: Bangkok
- Best time to visit Thailand: Northern Thailand is between November to February with temperature can reach as high as 33 degrees. And southern Thailand is between November and March.
- How to get there: You can enter by land or Sea through Cambodia, Laos and Malaysia. There are flights to most major cities in Thailand.
Where is Koh Tao Thailand?
Koh Tao is an island that is part of the Chumphon Archipelago on the western shore of the Gulf of Thailand.
And is best known for diving and its long white beaches.
Best Time To Travel To Koh Tao
Koh Tao has an average temperature of between 25°C to 33°C all year round. The dry season is from January to April, while the wet season runs from May to December.
The best time to visit Koh Tao is between December to April.
Travel Times Can Vary To Koh Tao
The weather can affect the ferry services to Koh Tao. In extreme cases where the weather is very bad and not safe to provide the service, it will be cancelled.
Just remember to book the ferry in advance as soon as you know what your plans are.
Does Koh Tao Have An Airport?
No, Koh Tao was no airport. The nearest airport is on Koh Samui with Surat Thani the nearest on the mainland. Both airports offer onward ferry connections to Koh Tao.
How To Get To Koh Tao From Bangkok?
Going from Bangkok to Koh Tao, there are 3 main options.
Option 1 – This is the fastest way to Koh Tao but the most expensive. Is get a flight to Koh Samui from Bangkok. Then get a ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Tao. Koh Samui is an international airport serviced by Bangkok Airways.
Option 3 – This takes the longest. You can get a bus directly from Bangkok, particularly Khao San road. With a connecting ferry service to Koh Tao. Lomprayah provides this service with combined tickets which include both bus and ferry.
How To Get To Koh Tao From Koh Samui?
These can be booked at the airport or with any tourist agent or hotel on the Island.
Going from Koh Samui to Koh Tao, there is 1 option.
How To Get To Koh Tao From Phuket
Going from Phuket to Koh Tao, there are 2 options.
Option 1 – Firstly, get a flight to Surat Thani or Koh Samui. And find the ferry companies in the airport which are Lomprayah and Seatran. They will bring you to the pier to catch the ferry to Koh Tao.
Option 2 – Get the bus or minivan to Donsak pier in Surat Thani and get the next ferry to Koh Tao.
How To Get To Koh Tao From Krabi
Going from Krabi to Koh Tao, there is 1 option.
Option 1 – Get the bus or minivan from Krabi town or An Nang to Donsak in Surat Thani. Donsak is a pier, from there catch the ferry to Koh Tao.
Amazing Things To Do in Koh Tao
Koh Tao is not really a party island but is more for diving and snorkelling. It is a great place if you want to relax at the beach and go diving.
Here is our list of things to do in Koh Tao Thailand.
- Scuba diving and snorkelling in Koh Tao
- Join the Koh Tao pub crawl
- Visit John Suwan Viewpoint
- Watch the sunrise
- Go To the beach
- Rent a motorbike
Read more about things to do in Koh Tao here.
Finally, now you know how to get to Koh Tao. All to do now is to decide what you want to do while in Koh Tao. Enjoy the amazing crystal clear blue water and the beaches. And exploring the underwater world.
And that’s it for now! I’d love if this post on how to get to Koh Tao Thailand was helpful to you. Let me know if you have any questions and let me know if there are any other ways to get to Koh Tao.