Ubud is a small town located almost in the middle of Bali. While the Ubud area has a population of over 70,000 people, it receives over 3 million visitors per year. This is a popular place because of the rice paddies and plantations. Also, Ubud has developed into a arts and culture center and is one of the most visited places in Bali. So, is Ubud a good place to stay in Bali?
Ubud is a good place to stay for a few days especially as there is a good range of resorts and hotels but Ubud is located near the middle of Bali so it is not near any beaches and the nightlife is quiet. Also, Ubud is not cheap and is upmarket. And getting to Ubud by taxi is about 40 mins from Ngurah Rai International Airport.
In this post, we will go through whether is Ubud a good place to stay in Bali. Let’s get started!
Learn More About Bali
- How Much Does Beer Cost In Bali?
- Bali Travel Tips – Reasons NOT To Visit Bali!
- Should I Exchange Money Before I Travel To Bali?
- Can You Drink Tap Water In Bali?
- Are There Snakes In Bali?
- How To Get From Denpasar Airport To Ubud Bali?
- Sanur Or Canggu In Bali, Which Is Better To Visit?
Where Is Ubud Bali?
Ubud lies north of Ngurah Rai International Airport and forms a northern part of the Greater Denpasar metropolitan area.
Is Ubud A Good Place To Stay In Bali?
Whether Ubud is a good place to stay really depends on your situation and interests. If you are looking for budget accommodation or looking to party then Ubud would not be a good place to stay you would be better off staying in Kuta and maybe day-tripping to Ubud.
Ubud is a good place to stay for a few days especially as there is a good range of resorts and hotels. It is more suited for couples and families. You can enjoy the restaurants and explore the rice paddies and plantations.
Is Ubud Far From The Beach?
Bali is blessed with beaches all around the island but Ubud does not have any beaches. The traveling distances from Ubud to a beach can range from 40 mins to 4 hours. You will also have to factor in traffic and road works and which beach you are going to.
Is Ubud Worth Visiting?
Yes, Ubud is worth visiting. When visiting Bali you expect to see beaches and sunsets but Ubud is very different from what you expect. Ubud does not have any beaches but has rice paddies and plantations and is arguably the cultural center of Bali.
What To Do In Ubud Bali?
Ubud is located in Bali but behind the quiet ambiance and tranquillity, there are wonderful things to do in Ubud that you will not find in any other place on the island.
Here are a few things to do in Ubud Bali.
Visit A Few Museums
Ubud has become famous for being the capital of culture in Bali because most art galleries are concentrated in Ubud. If you are an art lover, a museum visit is something not to be missed.
Here are the lists of the museum to visit in Ubud.
- Museum Rudana – The Rudana Museum has a wide range of collections of vivid traditional paintings and also antique pieces of art. Surrounded by green rice fields, the museum belongs to a Balinese politician named Nyoman Rudana. Besides art exhibitions, the museum also provides a gallery where visitors can buy Balinese artwork.
- Agung Rai Museum Of Art – Shortened as ARMA, this museum is a combination of cultural center and gallery. The place exhibits the work of Anak Agung Gede Rai in one building and in another building displays various kinds of artworks.
- Peruse Neka Art Museum – This museum is considered one of the best museums on the island for having a huge collection of mixed modern arts and ancient pieces.
- Blanco Renaissance Museum – The museum was once in the house and studio of Don Antonio Blanco. You can find a wide array collection of poetry pieces, collages, paintings, and even lithographs. The house tour is also allowed it is one of the best spots for photography in Ubud.
- Museum Puri Lukisan – This museum is one of the best museums of the modern arts scene and non-religious art in Ubud. There is a wide range of artwork exhibitions that come in English explanations.
Go For A Spa And Massage
Going for a spa and massage after a long day of exploring the island is not a bad idea. With a spa and massage parlor in every corner of the town. However, make sure you choose one with good service and ambiance.
Walk Through Rice Fields
The rice fields in Ubud are a popular draw for tourists. Many people find that walking through rice field are relaxing and mind-calming. You can choose to walk in the Tegalalang rice field or Campuhan Ridge walk. Both have an amazing view and calming ambiance.
Join A Yoga Class
There is nothing better to enjoy Ubud’s tranquillity is joining a yoga class. There are numbers of Yoga studios you can join whether you are a beginner or an expert.
Finally, Ubud is a good place to stay for a few days especially as there is a good range of resorts and hotels but Ubud is located near the middle of Bali so it is not near any beaches and the nightlife is quiet. Also, Ubud is not cheap and is upmarket.
And that’s it for now! I’d love to know if this guide on is Ubud a good place to stay in Bali has helped you. Let me know if you have any questions and let me know if there is more to add.