Pattaya is a popular resort town in Thailand that is famous for its nightlife. Other than the nightlife there is more to see from temples, island hopping waterparks and more.
Pattaya is very accessible from Bangkok only around a 2 hour drive from Bangkok. You can get to Pattaya by train, bus and taxi, and I’ll cover all these options below.
Read more on Thailand
- How Can I Avoid ATM Fees in Thailand?
- How Much Does A Beer Cost in Thailand?
- Pattaya or Bangkok, Which One Should You Visit?
- Can You Drink The Water in Thailand?
- How Bad Are Mosquitoes in Thailand?
- What Are The Best Party Islands in Thailand?
- Is Grab Expensive in Phuket Thailand?
Quick Information On Thailand
- Currency: Thai Baht
- Language: Thai
- Population: Over 68 million
- Capital City: Bangkok
- Best time to visit Thailand: Visiting North Thailand is between November to February with temperature rises up to 33 degrees. And southern Thailand is between November and March.
- How to get there: You can enter by land or Sea through Cambodia, Laos and Malaysia. Or fly into Thailand as there are flights to most major cities in Thailand.
Best Time To Travel To Pattaya Thailand
Pattaya has an average temperature of between 26°C to 33°C all year round. The weather in Pattaya is cooler in November to February which is also high season.
It gets hot between February to May and monsoon season is from June to October.
The best time to visit Pattaya is during the dry season between November to February.
Does Pattaya Have An Airport?
No, Pattaya has no airport. The nearest airport is U-Tapao Airport located 30 km away from Pattaya. This is a military airport that also offers few domestic and international flights.
How Far is Pattaya From Bangkok?
The distance between Pattaya to Bangkok is roughly 149 km.
How To Get To Pattaya From Kuala Bangkok?
Going from Bangkok to Pattaya, there are 3 options.
- Go by taxi.
- Get there by train.
- Go By bus.
Get To Pattaya From Bangkok By Taxi
Getting a to Pattaya by taxi is the best way and the more comfortable way to Pattaya. It will take around 2 hours and there is plenty of taxi’s around to easily hire.
Unfortunately, taxi’s in Bangkok will inflate their prices so be prepared to negotiate and not be afraid to walk away if the price seems too high. A taxi journey to Pattaya should cost between 1,300 to 1,900 baht.
Getting To Pattaya From Bangkok By Train
There are only 2 trains daily to Pattaya From Bangkok. Both trains leave at 6:45 and 6:55. The journey time by time is 3 hours and costs 140 baht for first class, 72 baht for second class and 31 baht for third class.
To get the train to Pattaya, you need to do the following.
- Get to Hua Lamphong train station
- Once at the train station, get a ticket and board the train.
Get To Pattaya From Bangkok By Bus
This it the most popular way to Pattaya from Bangkok. It takes 2 hours and 30 mins and costs start from 180 baht. Bus depart with 30 mins from early morning to late in the evening.
There are 4 main bus terminals in Bangkok.
- Northern bus terminal (Mochit)
- Southern bus terminal (Sai Tai Mai)
- Bang Na Bus terminal
- Eastern bus terminal, located opposite the Ekkamai BTS station
To get the bus to Pattaya, you need to do the following.
- Get to the nearest bus terminal.
- Once at the bus terminal, get a ticket and board the bus.
Get To Pattaya From From Bangkok International Airport
If you are at Bangkok International Airport and want to go directly to Pattaya. Taxi’s remain the best option to Pattaya as taxi’s from the airport have a fixed price plus toll charges.
There is also bus that leave every 2 hours from the airport and arrive at North Pattaya Road bus station.
There are also limos and mini van services available from the airport but these are more expensive.
Amazing Things To Do in Pattaya Thailand
Pattaya has changed a lot over years mainly cause of a large number of expats living in Pattaya.
It is a great place if you want to relax at the beach and enjoy a drink.
Here is our list of things to do in Pattaya Thailand.
- Visit The Elephant Jungle Sanctuary
- Take A Cooking Class
- Relax At The beach
- Visit The Pattaya Floating Market
- Island Hop To Koh Larn
- Go Ziplining At Flight Of The Gibbon
Finally, now you know how to get to Pattaya from Bangkok. The best option is to go by taxi as it is the fastest and the most comfortable. And the train is properly the cheapest but only has 2 daily routes.
Ultimately you will have to decide on whether to go there by train, bus or taxi but the depends time and costs to get to Pattaya.
And that’s it for now! I’d love if this post on how to get to Pattaya from Bangkok Thailand was helpful to you. Let me know if you have any questions and let me know if there are any other ways to get to Pattaya from Bangkok Thailand.