Bali is filled with wonderful beaches, awesome temples, and amazing food. Ubud is Bali’s cultural hub, with amazing temples, rice fields and more to offer for everyone. Now you are wondering how to get from Denpasar Airport to Ubud.
- Quick Information On Bali
- Best Time To Travel To Ubud Bali
- Does Bali Have An Airport?
- How Far is From Denpasar Airport To Ubud?
- How To Get From Denpasar Airport To Ubud?
- Amazing Things To Do in Ubud Bali
- Wrapping Up
In this short post, we will cover the best ways you can get from Denpasar airport to Ubud, whether it is by taxi or bus.
Quick Information On Bali
- Currency: Ringgit (RM)
- Language: Malaysian
- Population: Over 32 million
- Capital City: Kuala Lumpur
- Best time to visit Malaysia: If visiting the east coast of Malaysia then March to September since it is drier. And November to August is the best time on the west coast.
- How to get there: You can fly to Malaysia as there are flights to most cities in Malaysia. And you can enter by land through Thailand or by sea.
Best Time To Travel To Ubud Bali
Ubud has a tropical climate and stays hot throughout the year will average temperatures ranging from 28º C to 33º C, with little seasonal variation.
The Wet Season is between the months of October – April, while the Dry Season between the months of November – March.
The best time to visit Ubud is during the dry season between November to February.
Does Bali Have An Airport?
Yes, it is called Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS). It is located around 13 km south of Denpasar. Ngurah Rai is the second busiest airport in Indonesia.
How Far is From Denpasar Airport To Ubud?
Ubud is about 38 km from Denpasar airport. Depending on traffic, taxi Ubud is about 1 – 2 hours from the airport.
How To Get From Denpasar Airport To Ubud?
Going from Denpasar Airport to Ubud, there are 2 options.
- Get a taxi, which is the best and fastest option.
- Get the bus.
Getting To Ubud From Denpasar Airport By Taxi
There are taxis at Ngurah Rai International Airport, there is a set rate for taxis got at the airport. this can change depending on the time of day and season
|From DPS To Ubud||300,000 IDR||40 MIN|
|From DPS To Seminyak||150,000 IDR||35 MIN|
You can get more information on taxi’s from Denpasar airport, here.
There is an official taxi kiosk. at the kiosk where you are going, pay the set price and they will give you a ticket with your driver’s number on it.
There are also “Blue Bird” taxis just outside of the airport that uses meters.
Getting To Ubud From Denpasar Airport By Bus
There is no direct bus service directly to Ubud. As you need to get a public bus to Batu Bulan then a shuttle van to Ubud. To get the bus to Ubud, you need to do the following.
- Take the public bus from Bali airport to Batu Bulan costs 4,000 IDR.
- From Batu Bulan, take one of the shuttle vans (50,000 IDR) into the center of Ubud.
- The journey time is around 100 minutes.
Amazing Things To Do in Ubud Bali
Ubud is full of culture and nature tranquillity, there is a lot of wonderful things to do in Ubud.
Here is our list of things to do in Ubud Bali.
- Visit the museums and temples
- See the Gianyar night market
- Walkthrough the rice fields
- Going mountain biking
- Try a cooking class
Read more about things to do in Ubud here.
Finally, now you know how to get to Ubud from Denpasar airport. The best option is to get a taxi at a set price at the airport, this is the easiest way yo Ubud.
And that’s it for now! I’d love it if this post on how to get from Denpasar airport to Ubud was helpful to you. Let me know if you have any questions and let me know if there are any other ways to get to Ubud from Denpasar airport.